Loans and Groans:
Basics of Student Loan Debt
Society of Grownups Resources
- Ready to pay off debt? Use our Loan Repayment Calculator to learn how to tackle your debt.
- Get started with consolidating your important student loan information on our Student Loan Information Inventory.
- Check out StudentLoans.gov to manage direct student loans, including changing repayment plans or consolidating loans.
- Use this Federal Student Aid Repayment Calculator to compare different federal loan repayment plans.
- Check out the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website to retrieve your federal student loan information.
- Annual Credit Report offers free credit reports from all three credit reporting bureaus on a yearly basis.
- Use CreditKarma to check your credit score and simulate different scenarios that could affect your credit score.
- Find a one-stop shop for student loans at the Federal Student Aid website: Learn about your loans, take out a loan, or repay a loan on this site.
- Federal Student Aid's Loan Consolidation page covers all topics related to consolidation.
- Research whether you’re eligible to get your student loans forgiven as part of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Any third party resources or websites referenced are not under our control. We cannot guarantee and are not responsible for the accuracy of the resources, websites, or any products or services available through such resources or websites. While we hope the information in these materials are useful, it’s only intended to provide general education. It’s not legal, tax, or investment advice, and may not apply or be useful to your specific financial situation. If you need recommendations geared to your personal financial situation, schedule time with a financial planner.