Before we begin:
- Download and print the handout (or have it open on your screen).
- Grab something to write with so you can participate in the activities (if you're not printing the handout, grab some paper as well).
- It's helpful (though not necessary) to have some financial information handy, like your credit score and what you spend on different types of debt (car loans, students loans, mortgages, etc.). So you might want to have that nearby before we get started. This information is solely for your use during the activities - we won't ask you to share anything with us.
- You should be able to complete this class in 30-35 minutes, depending on how much time you spend on each activity.
Overview:The title of this class isn’t a pick-up line. No matter what kinds of grownup stuff you try to do—apply for a job, buy a car, take out a small business loan—chances are someone is going to take a look at your credit score. And what they see could mean the difference between "yes" and "no". In this class, you'll get an overview of different types of debt, as well as a good look at credit scores, credit reports, and how that one number could be affecting all your grownup goals. You'll also learn about free tools and resources to help pay down debt and improve your credit score.
- Understand credit scores and reports, including the biggest factors that influence your score.
- Get tips for understanding different types of debt.
- Leave with a list of free resources to help you keep tabs on your credit.
While we love our new online classes, we also love getting better. Please share your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!